FOOD VENDORS: GENERAL OVERVIEW
This overview offers general information for those looking to apply. Complete information will be provided in the Interstellar Meltdown 2021 Food Vendor Contract, which will be sent to vendors who are accepted for the event. Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Vending Inquiry”.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications due by Aug 31st, 2021
Visit interstellarmeltdown.com/vending-info/. Select “Food Vendor Application”, and follow the instructions.
–Spaces always sell out before due date!
–Selection is based upon date of application, type of food sold and past participation.
–We strive to provide a diversity of food choices, and do this by selectively choosing vendors that do not sell similar food.
–Due to the volume of applicants, not all will be selected and we cannot always respond personally to all who apply.
–You will be notified by email and attached contract only if you are selected.
BOOTH SELECTION: AREA, HOURS, COST
– Main Stage vendors are within the Main Stage area of the venue. -Required hours of operation are
Friday – Sunday 11am – 1:00am
-Booth Cost: $1,500.00 + $500.00 contract compliance deposit. ($2,000.00 total).
*Vendors also pay 20% of proceeds over $7,500.00 to the festival. ($1500 v 20%)
-Midway Vendors are located between Main Stage and Revival Venue. – Required hours of operation are
Thursday through Saturday 11am – 2:30am Sunday 11am – 12am (midnight)
Vendors may operate 24 hours if they would like.
– Booth Cost: $1,500.00 + $500.00 contract compliance deposit. ($2000.00 total). *Vendors also pay 20% of proceeds over $7,500.00 to the festival. ($1500 v 20%)
-Satellite Village is located next to the Main Stage bowl. -Required hours of operation are
Friday through Sunday 11am – 2:30am
– Booth Cost: $1,500.00 + $500.00 refundable clean up deposit. ($2,000.00 total). *Vendors also pay 20% of proceeds over $7,500.00 to the festival. ($1500 v 20%)
APPLICATION AND CONTRACT REQUIREMENTS
–Do NOT send payment with application. If accepted, a contract will be sent to you. Payment is due in full with signed contract and proof of insurance. All items must be sent together.
Should your contract NOT be accepted, these fees will be refunded. Your space is NOT guaranteed until all items have been received.
–A list of items with prices must be submitted within contract. Only approved items may be sold. Selling unapproved or different priced items are grounds for removal.
–A staff and volunteer meal program is available, providing discounts for Event employees with meal tickets. It’s a great way to increase sales, and each ticket is 50% refunded. More information on the program is available in the contract.
–Multiple spaces may be purchased. Prices are per space and are not negotiable.
–Vendors must carry a one million dollar liability insurance policy listing the following as additionally insured:
1-O.K. Productions Inc, Pipeline Productions Inc, Old Rooster LLC, Disco Donnie Presents
2-Arkansas Ozark Promotions Inc. DBA Mulberry Mountain
–Vending booth spaces are 20w’x 30d’. All assets must fit within this space. This is not negotiable and will be strictly enforced. Additional space is NOT available for purchase.
–Each booth is provided 50a of electricity. Special power requests must be advanced and will be an added cost. Submission of a request does not mean your request will be approved. We will try our best to accommodate. All electrical equipment is subject to inspection.
–Refrigerated storage will be provided. If vendors have refrigeration in their transport trailers, the festival will NOT provide power for these.
VENDOR PASSES AND PARKING
— ALL passes are given to the designated person who claims the vendor packet upon arrival. This person is responsible for distributing all passes to their staff. Plan accordingly! Vendor check-in DOES NOT hold passes.
–Up to (6) Vendor passes per booth are provided for workers only. No exceptions.
*You must advance how many workers you have with vendor coordinator.
*If you have more than 6 workers, you must purchase additional passes at a discounted price of $199.00.
*All vendor passes are 3-day passes. The discounted rate is available only until Sept 15. *Vendors must purchase worker passes before Sept. 15! No passes available for purchase at check-in.
*Resale of event passes is prohibited and will result in ejection from the festival grounds without refund.
–Up to (2) Vendor vehicle passes are provided per booth for workers only. No exceptions. *Amount of vehicle passes must be advanced with coordinator.
*Any additional request must be made before Sept 15thst. No extra vehicle passes available at check-in.
–Vendors may camp in their 20’x30’ area if space allows. Camping within your booth space is a privilege, not a right. If abused, you will be asked to vacate the area.
–A vendor camping area is provided within reasonable proximity of vendor booths. This area is limited. All vendors intending to use this area must advance before Sept 15th.
–A staff day parking lot is available for workers who need to come and go from the festival. This area is limited, requires a special pass, and must be advanced before Sept 15th.
–If you have a large trailer, vehicle, or setup that requires pulling through a neighboring booth space to park, you must notify the vendor coordinator. Please plan accordingly.
OPERATIONS, RESTRICTIONS, & REQUIREMENTS
–Interstellar Meltdown does not allow ‘roaming vendors’.
–Food vendors MAY NOT SELL BEVERAGES unless they are of a unique nature, non-alcoholic and PRE-APPROVED. Specialty beverage vendors (fresh lemonade, coffee, smoothies) may apply. Food vendors may sell water provided by Interstellar Meltdown. Purchase price and sale prices available at a later date.
–All vendors must pass an Arkansas state health inspection (www.healthyarkansas.com) and are subject to inspection via local fire authorities and Event personnel. Vendors must provide proper fire suppression equipment (ABC fire extinguishers, K extinguishers for fryers)
–All vendors are responsible for collecting and paying State license fees and sales tax. Sales tax forms are provided to vendors upon arrival.
–This event takes place rain or shine. No vendor refunds are given for any reason including failure of the mandatory State of Arkansas health inspection.
–Event encourages vendors to use compostable cups, plates, cutlery, etc. Because of Covid protocol, We require that condiments and cutlery must be provided in single serving dispensers.
–Food vendors are asked to provide their own bags for trash disposal.
–Re-supply operations must be executed with one dedicated vehicle only during re-supply hours: 6am-10am. Other vehicles and trailers are not allowed to move for the duration of the event.
–Vendors are required to check-out by settling percentage overages and staff meal balances with the festival coordinator before departure from festival grounds.
–Interstellar Meltdown aims to provide the best festival experience possible for everyone involved. Please do not hesitate to inform festival staff on any issues you feel should be addressed.
If you are interested, you must apply by emailing email@example.com
Please put “Interstellar Retail Vendor” in the subject line. List your items for sale, number of 10×10 booths you would like, and your complete contact information. If you are selected, a contract will be emailed to you.
There is not an application form for Arts & Crafts vendors. Please do not ask for an application.
Due to the large volume of applicants, please understand that not all vendors who apply will be accepted. Decisions are based upon when you apply, what you sell and also past participation in our other festivals. We strive to provide a diversity of items sold by vendors. We do this by avoiding repetition of too many of the same/similar items. Also due to the sheer volume of applicants, we are very sorry but we are simply not able to respond personally to all who apply. You will be notified only if you are selected.
Deadline to apply and also for payment is September 1st, 2021. However, spaces may sell out before this date. If you are selected as a vendor, you are not confirmed until signed contract, payment and proof of insurance (your insurer will provide a form for you) have been returned to us. Please do so quickly. You must return all of these items together. If we receive your contract/payment/insurance after we have sold out, your payment will be returned to you.
Area/ Hours/ Cost
-Vendors will be located between the Main Stage and Main Gate.
– Required hours of operation are 11:00a – 2a, Friday thru Sunday. Vendors may operate up to 24 hours if they would like.
-Cost: $400.00 + $199.00 per ticket.
-Vendors will be located between the Main Gate and Interstellar Stage (outside main venue).
– Required hours of operation are 11:00a – 2a, Friday thru Sunday. Vendors may operate up to 24 hours if they would like.
-Cost: $150.00 + $199.00 per ticket
1. All vendors must sell handmade craft items. Absolutely no t-shirts. (exceptions may be made for a very limited number of vendors selling tye-dye and handmade design t-shirts, but must be approved by the vendor coordinator in advance). No drug related paraphernalia may be displayed for sale or sold. No copyrighted designs. Glass art is allowed.
2. All craft vendors must submit, on their contract, a list of items to be sold. Items must be approved and only approved items will be allowed. Vendors selling items that are not listed may be asked to leave the festival grounds with no refund of booth fee or ticket.
3. All vendors must carry a one million dollar liability insurance policy, listing both
OK Productions Inc., Disco Donnie Presents, Pipeline Productions, Arkansas Ozark Promotions Inc DBA Mulberry Mountain as additionally insured. Proof of insurance is required.
4. Booth fees and payment for tickets will be due in full, when you submit your signed contract and proof of insurance. Should your contract NOT be accepted these fees will be refunded/returned to you. Your space is not guaranteed until ALL ITEMS (your contract/payment/insurance) have been received. Items must be sent together.
5. All vendors are responsible for collecting and paying all State license fees and sales tax. Sales tax forms will be provided to vendors upon arrival.
6. This event takes place rain or shine. No refunds are given to vendors for any reason.
7. Spaces will be assigned based on date by which all items (contract, payment, insurance) are received, and only if they have been mailed in one package.
8. The festival does not allow any ‘roaming vendors’.
9. One (1) ticket/wristband is good for 3 days. Wristbands are not transferable. You will need to purchase a ticket/wristband for each person working.
10. Each Midway vending space will be provided one (1) 5a, 120v circuit. Additional power will be an additional cost and will be extremely limited. Please advise the vendor coordinator of any special power requests. Submission of a request does not mean your request will be approved. We will try to accommodate as best we can.
11. Vending spaces are 10’w x 35’d. (That is 10 feet wide and 35 feet back). All assets (booth, camping tent and cars included) must fit within this space. This is not negotiable and will be strictly enforced. Additional depth is NOT available for purchase. Multiple spaces can be purchased. Please plan accordingly.
12. Vendors will be expected to camp and park within their space. There are NO in/out privileges for vehicles.
13. Vendor check in date (September 30) and hours are limited and are clearly written on the contract. If you are not able to check in on this date and within these times, we will not be able to give you a space this year.
14. Our festivals are taking steps to reduce our impact on the environment. Please plan accordingly (when ordering supplies, etc) to minimize waste. Recycling receptacles will be placed at many locations onsite. Please use them and encourage the patrons to take part as well.
15. Any questions can be emailed to vending @ interstellarmeltdown.com. Please write “Interstellar Vending” in the subject line.